Tuesday 2 February 2010

R6: Body begins






I decided after all the work I have been  doing on the feet and legs to give the body some attention. The frame was basically already completed so it was just a matter of rapping around the 3mm Hardboard to form the skin. It had already been pre curved using a tried and tested system so it was very easy to offer up to the frame and cut the should hub circles out. The Skin will need priming and filling to make it ready for all the detailing and cutouts. I decided to fit the legs to check that everything still lines up and it all seems fine. I am going to fit a basic shock absorber system to the center foot which will be very easy to do since I had already anticipated I would add something like this when I designed the top of the center leg and cutout in the skirt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment